The fifty eight annual session of the Asian – African legal consultative organization (AALCO) has come and gone but the myriads of benefits that came with it will continue to linger.
Der as Salaam, the beautiful capital of Tanzania played host to this auspicious annual occasion that took place from 21st to 25th of October, 2019 and presided over by his Excellency, Professor Dr Kennedy Gaston, the secretary General.
The Regional centre for international commercial Arbitration Lagos (RCICAL) was ably represented by none other than the Director, Hon. Wilfred Dan Ikatari.
Issues judiciously deliberated on were, amongst others:
- The year book of the Asian – African legal consultative organization
- AALCO journal of international law 2017 and 2018
- Budget of AALCO for the year 2020
- Extraterritorial application of national legislation: sanctions imposed against third parties
- International law in cyberspace
- Peaceful settlement of disputes
- International trade and investment law etc
To bring the 58th Annual Session of AALCO to a close, regional arbitration centres (RACs) all gave report of events of the year under review. The activities and lofty strides of the Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration-Lagos (RCICAL) was also presented by the Director of the centre.
For photos taken during the 58th annual session click here.